Sunday, May 10, 2009

Greed is Good . . . if You Don't Overdo It, and Lust is Just Bad

A'ight (don't you hate it when people spell that word "iight," or "Aite?" It's a f*cking contraction of "all right," so there should be a f*cking apostrophe at f*cking least!), some of you Holmes-y types may have noticed that I have changed my favorite websites. I added Mr. David Griner's The Social Path blog after reading his post The Seven Deadly Sins of Social Media, which I found after visiting Delicious' in order to add this blog to their stores so that more people could read it and improve my self-esteem. I decided to visit Delicious for this purpose after reading this article on the New York Times website about how to build traffic to your site, which suggested going to Delcious and other sites and registering my blog there.

However, after reading The Seven Deadly Sins of Social Media, I realized that I was embodying the first, third and sixth sins, (which are Lust, Greed and Envy, respectively) and that commiting these sins was not getting me more readers, richer, or making me the most popular blogger to ever live.

Now, to you my problem and how I realized that I have a problem, I suppose that at this point, I am to figure out how to overcome my problem, or pose some sort of philosophical query to you, which no one will much care about, until my next post in about two or three days, or a month or two. However, I still want to be widely read and recognized, ridiculously rich (who doesn't?), and the most well known purveyor of the written word ever (an honor that probably belongs to either J.K. Rowling or the assortment of people who recorded the events of the Bible).

So then, what have I learned? What is the point of this rambling, rather bland post about nothing? Can it be said that there is even a point, and that the point matters to anyone at all?

I just read that last sentence and it makes no f*cking sense at all.

But anyway, why write this post, since right now, I just seem to be going on and on and on about some random sh*t until I can think of a good way to get Arlen Specter into this post.

Damn. That was cheap. I can't even put him in this post in good faith anymore. Forget I mentioned him.

So now what? I think I'll just end it here, and note that today is coincidentally the 101st anniversary of Mother's Day in the United States.

Happy Mother's Day, everyone.

No comments: