Monday, February 1, 2010

#81: The Eight Sides of Bartók Iduc

Part One:
I Am Born



He hefts the knife and comes at me, hatred in his eyes. I cringe, my body obviously electing to take the "flight" response. But before my life finishes flashing before my eyes, he drops the knife and elects to simply punch me instead. I let it hit me, and grab his arm before he can draw it back again. He flails with his left arm, trying to get me to release him, but I seize this arm too, and pin both of them. He breaks free and moves back several feet. I follow him, wanting to get away from the window before he does something he might regret.

We enter the dining room and he swings at me again. He hits me, but again, I grab both of his arms and pin them, dragging him to the couch. He glares at me with unrestrained anger, and tells me to get off of him. I refuse to do so until he calms down.

Hello. My name is Bartók Iduc and I am twenty five years old.

I am a schizophrenic and possible psychopath. I also have several hypochondriac tendencies.

Before the author finishes with my story, I am going to kill someone.

Have a nice day.

No comments: