Thursday, October 29, 2009

#77: Thoughtful Thursdays

There has been a rumor in recent years that on Halloween, large gangs, such as the Crips and the Bloods decide to hold initiations. Allegedly, the goal is to cut the throats of 31 women or something, or shoot and kill some people. I don't really know. But I checked it out on Snopes.com and apparently it is just a rumor. Completely false, they say.

But this evening, as I sat down at my computer, I heard several very distinct gunshots and then the sound of a car speeding away. I have heard what I thought were gunshots before, but I was not completely sure. But these ones tonight sounded authentic. If it had been just one isolated incident, I would have dismissed it as my mind playing tricks on me before Halloween. But then earlier, I heard some possible gunshots further away. I hope that they weren't shots, or that someone was just showing off for their friends, or that if a person was shooting at someone else, that their shot went harmlessly wild, but I don't know. I just hope that it wasn't what I thought it was.

So a while after the shot, I started thinking (because I do far too much of that and I can't seem to stop). How can a person take another one's life? I've thought about doing it, seriously, several times (not because I have issues, but just as a mental exercise. A twisted, violent one, but just in theory) and I don't think I could. The biggest living thing that I've ever killed is a mouse and that shook me a bit. What I do know is that if I were to kill someone, I would get a massive thrill. But if the thrill would cancel out the MASSIVE F*CKING GUILT is what I'm not sure about.

This post was so morbid. Should have ended it two paragraphs ago.

No comments: