Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Is it a bad thing?

Do you remember that I told you guys that I had moved, which was the reason for me not posting for a few weeks?

Well, I'm in an apartment in a city, on a main street, and about every night, a police car or fire truck, or ambulance goes by, disturbing my attempts to sleep. (No ill will, police people, you're just doing your jobs, and to have the sirens and quieter would impede your ability to protect us members of the docile, sheeplike citizenry).

Here's one now. Anyway, ignoring for the moment the rate of crime and regularity of accidents that must be occuring for this many government service vehicles to go by every night, do you think it's a bad thing for me to begin to be able to recognize the vehicles? Like, 'Oh this one is a police car,' 'Oh, listen to that, two ambulances and a fire truck. That sounds bad,' etc., etc. Yeah, I'm sure some of you have been able and are able to do that (identify emergency vehicles by the siren) and you might use this as evidence to pinpoint my race, age, sex and location (Hint: I'm not white) due to my being close-lipped about my identifying traits except where it is absolutely unavoidable (i.e. the copyright at the bottom of my story posts [when I get that bitch published, I am not going to give some of my royalties to Blogger or Google, because I expect this thing to be a cash bonanza and enable me to not have to work for the rest of my life] because if I didn't add those, this website might take some of my profits from the royalties) but I couldn't, because before I moved, I lived on a quiet residential street in a suburb.

So this is a new thing for me. I've never been able to do that, and I am very proud of myself, while somewhat scared/confused/tired.

Oh yeah, and I've decided to stop dating. Forever. No more women (or men) for me. You'll miss me.

No comments: