Monday, September 7, 2009

#69: So I Have Nothing Much To Talk About Today . . .

. . . But that doesn't mean that I'll stop from trying.

I said that I would give you at least three posts a week and I am trying to live up to that.

The hard part is finding things to write about right now. I haven't really read or done anything

noteworthy that I can recall. Actually, you know what? I just saw Obama's speech, a transcript of which is available here, in case you missed it, or you want to read it. I liked it, (and yes, I am a Democrat), and I've heard the controversy over it, and I have to say, the people who are opposed to schools showing the speech shouldn't have been against the content of the address itself, because he talked of things that we should all be in favor of, like staying in school, working hard, not committing murder, etc. Nice, harmless, platonic, peaceful things.

I think that the people who protested the showing of the speech were more against the man being shown in the schools, which just proves how people can let their bigotry, ignorance and dislike get in the way of solving problems. FOr those of us who wonder why we can't get things done, here is the answer.

And I though that I wasn't going to be able to write anything.

No comments: